A nine-month residence at Fire Station is open to Qatari artists. Attend exhibitions and talks with selected artists.
Artists in Residence receive studio space on one of the Fire Station's five floors for a nine-month period from September to June. Artists in Qatar can benefit from mentorship, collaboration with curators, open studios, and the building's resources (fabrication lab, woodshop and exhibition spaces).
Artists can also exhibit their art in the Fire Station's Garage Gallery.
Artists aged 21+ from Qatar may apply. Academic students enrolled in a program at the time of the residency are ineligible.
Visual arts (painting, drawing, sculpture, media art, installation, graphic arts, illustration, etc.) photography, video, sound art, design, and literature are all welcome.
The residency's perks:
• 24-hour access to a private studio.
• daily per diem
• technical advice and support in the wood workshop and fabrication lab.
• ongoing mentorship, advice, and feedback
• Networking and interactive sessions with artists
Press and social media attention.
• artist and critic Q&A sessions (invited artists and curators).
NIGHTS OPEN STUDIO
• public discourses
• participation in the program's finale exhibition at the Garage Gallery.